Join our Slack Community
Anyone who writes for The 万博manbetxWriting Cooperative is welcome to join our global Slack community!Communicate with other writers,help each other edit drafts,collaborate,and more.All for free!
First Things First: What is Slack?
Slack is a free piece of software for the web,phones,and desktop that facilitates communication.New to Slack?Check out this video.
Slack communities break into channels,each with a unique focus of discussion.We currently offer six public channels:
- #announcements: This channel is for important community announcements.Only the admin team can post in #announcements.
- #challenge: This channel is for any discussion about our万博manbetx.
- #critique: This channel is to request feedback from the community on excerpts or stories that arealready published.
- #drafts: The #drafts channel is to request feedback from the community on stories that havenot yet published.Please be specific in the feedback you are looking for — maybe it's grammar,maybe it's flow,maybe it's something else.
- #introduction: This channel is to introduce yourself to the community.Share your Medium profile,your background,anything that the community might enjoy knowing.
- #random: The #random channel is for all other discussions.#random is home to the Random Thread Discussion of the Day.Sometimes that discussion is a writing prompt.Sometimes it's a question about publishing.It could be anything!
Ok,I'm in.Now what?
Once you're set up with Slack and have familiarized yourself with the available channels,interact with the community.
- Reply to peopleusing threaded comments.When commenting or reply to anything in Slack,pleasealwaysuse threaded comments.
- Tweak your notification settingsso you don't miss posts that might interest you.
- Read and edit people's drafts in the #drafts channel.
- Leave feedback for community manbetx斯诺克members in #critiques.
Then,when you're feeling good,submit your own drafts for editing.
To do this,pull up the story you want to share in the Medium writing editor.Hit the "share" button at the top,next to the publish button.Copy that link and then you're ready to post it in #drafts!
Plan to leave your draft posted for a few days to receive the maximum community exposure.Once you are satisfied with the notes you have received,please delete the original post from Slack.This will help keep the channel clean and make sure you don't get feedback after you have published.
But Wait,There's More!
If you're feeling advanced,there's a few other things that Slack can do.
There's the Slackbot,which always sits at the top of your Direct Messages list.This is your own private notepad and personal bot.Anything posted to your slackbot will only be available to you.You can ask Slackbot questions about Slack,like "how do I change my profile picture" and Slackbot will provide the help you need.
If you're looking for questions specific to The 万博manbetxWriting Cooperative,click on a direct message to yourself and type "faq" and then hit enter.You'll get a list of our frequently asked questions.You can also type "submission guidelines" and hit enter to see our current rules for submitting to The 万博manbetxWriting Cooperative.
Slack allows any manbetx斯诺克member to Direct Message any other member.Have questions for the admin team?Ask away!Want to collaborate on something with another manbetx斯诺克member?Engage with the community!
Slack is a powerful tool for engaging our diverse community of writers.Come on and join us!